The Organ Society of Western Australia
Home  About us  Members  Executive  Constitution  Events  In The Pipeline  Pipe Organs in WA  Links  Contact

WESTERN AUSTRALIAN PIPE ORGANS



Name of institution St Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Type of institution Church
Street Address Aberdeen Street
City Katanning
State Western Australia
Postcode
Country Australia
Name of building St Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Name of room Church
Dates of the building
Architect’s and builder’s names
Special architectural features
Special fittings
Other location information
Name of contact
Mailing Address
Telephone
Email
Other contact information
.
Date of previous organs 1939
Detail of previous organs J E Dodd organ built for the residence of Miss M Brown, North Adelaide.  Later installed at St Margaret's Anglican Church, Nedlands.  Single manual and pedal, six stop tracker organ.
Dates when key work has been undertaken
Dates of any moves that have taken place Installed at St Stephen's Evangelical Lutheran Church 1964.
Removed 1979 to make way for new organ.
Installed at Denmark Uniting Church in 1998 by P J Elms & Co.
Variations from original design of organ
Information on previous organs
Information about comparable instruments to previous organs
.


Present organ
Type of installation Freestanding
Case description Plain box construction with some display pipes
Placement in room Rear gallery
Builder's name Paul F. Hufner
Opus number
Date of completion/installation 1958
Construction materials
Number of manuals Two (2)
Key compasses
Number of keys
Key material
Pedal compass
Number of pedals
Pedalboard type
Pedalboard material
Type of chests
Type of key action Electro-magnetic
Type of stop action Electro-magnetic
Couplers
Tremulants
Accessories   
Console type
Stop label material
Placement
General design
Playing aids
Divisions   
Wind pressures
Stop list
GREAT
SWELL
PEDAL
 
Total number of stops
Total number of ranks 4 ranks extended
Total number of pipes
Dates when key work has been undertaken on current organ Removed from Methodist Church, Victoria Park, in 1977.
Enlarged and installed in the current building by Paul F Hufner in 1979.
Dates of any moves that have taken place to current organ
Information on current organ
Comparable instruments to current organ
Current status
Assessment of organ
Other organs by this builder
Photographs
Technical documents 
General documents
.
Supporting information
.
Document control Original entries J R Elms, OAM, Gazetteer of Western Australian Pipe Organs, 1971, 1999,2003 and 2004.
This entry D B Duncan 01 January 2009.


 

This page last updated 01 January 2009


DGI Web Design
Home