The Organ Society of Western Australia
Home  About us  Members  Executive  Constitution  Events  In The Pipeline  Pipe Organs in WA  Links  Contact

WESTERN AUSTRALIAN PIPE ORGANS


Name of institution St. Hilda's Anglican Church
Type of institution Church
Street Address 15 View Street
City North Perth
State Western Australia
Postcode 6006
Country Australia
Name of building St. Hilda's Anglican Church
Name of room
Dates of the building 1915
Architect’s and builder’s names
Special architectural features
Special fittings
Other location information At the turn of the century, the North Perth Anglican parish of All Saints, Woodville, held Sunday school classes in Hahn’s tower house on the corner of Daphne and Angove streets. Church services were initially conducted in Gibson Hall, on the corner of Daphne and Angove streets, and in North Perth Primary School. A wooden building was transported from Canning Mills and erected on the corner of Rose (Glebe) and View streets in 1904. This was used for church services until St Hilda’s Anglican Church was constructed in 1915 in View Street on the corner of Glebe Street, with the rectory in GlebeStreet.
Name of contact
Mailing Address
Telephone (08) 9328 8967
Email
Other contact information
.
Date of previous organs Date unknown
Detail of previous organs Built by The Rt. Revd. C L Riley.  1m., 4 sp.st., tr.  Man: 8.8.4.2.
Dates when key work has been undertaken
Dates of any moves that have taken place Removed c1930.  Some pipework was used in the organ at Uniting Church, Morley
Variations from original design of organ
Information on previous organs The Most Reverend Charles Owen Leaver Riley  was the third Bishop of Perth (1895 - 1914) and the first Archbishop of Perth (1914 - 1929).  He was also Chaplain General of the Australian Military Forces (1914-1918).  He was the father of  The Rt. Revd. C L  (Tom) Riley, Rector of St. Hilda's Church.
Information about comparable instruments to previous organs
.
Present organ
Type of installation
Case description
Placement in room
Builder's name D.G. Miller
Opus number
Date of completion/installation 1970/71
Construction materials
Number of manuals Two (2)
Key compasses
Number of keys
Key material
Pedal compass
Number of pedals
Pedalboard type
Pedalboard material
Type of chests
Type of key action Mechanical
Type of stop action Mechanical
Couplers 2
Tremulants
Accessories   
Console type
Stop label material
Placement
General design
Playing aids
Divisions    Great, Swell, Pedal
Wind pressures
Stop list
GREAT
8'
4'
2'
.
SWELL
8'
8'
4'
.
PEDAL
16'
.
Total number of stops 7
Total number of ranks
Total number of pipes
Dates when key work has been undertaken on current organ
Dates of any moves that have taken place to current organ Built in 1970/71 for the Miller residence, Mount Claremont.
Installed in 1987 at the Forum Uniting Church, Floreat Park by F.J. Larner & Co.
Installed at St Hilda's Church in 1995.
Information on current organ
Comparable instruments to current organ
Current status
Assessment of organ
Other organs by this builder
Photographs
Technical documents 
General documents Historical information from Town of Vincent
.
Supporting information
.
Document control Original entries J R Elms, OAM, Gazetteer of Western Australian Pipe Organs, 1971, 1999,2003 and 2004.
This entry D B Duncan 23 January 2009.
Detail about The Rt. Revd. C L Riley provided by Fr Ted Doncaster, past Archivist for the Perth Anglican Diocese, 04 May 2009.





DGI Web Design
Home