The Organ Society of Western Australia
Home  About us  Members  Executive  Constitution  Events  In The Pipeline  Pipe Organs in WA  Links  Contact

WESTERN AUSTRALIAN PIPE ORGANS


Name of institution Methodist Ladies College
Type of institution School
Street Address 356 Stirling Highway
City Claremont
State Western Australia
Postcode 6010
Country Australia
Name of building Methodist Ladies College
Name of room Chapel
Dates of the building 1907
Architect’s and builder’s names
Special architectural features The College Chapel boasts some of the finest craftsmanship in wood, stone and glass. The detail of the vaulted ceiling and chapel pews, the stained glass and stone work create a warmth and beauty for spiritual worship.
Special fittings

Other location information

Name of contact
Mailing Address PO Box 222, Claremont, Western Australia 6910
Telephone (08) 9384 4000
Email mlc@mlc.wa.edu.au
Other contact information
.

 

Date of previous organs None
Detail of previous organs
Dates when key work has been undertaken
Dates of any moves that have taken place
Variations from original design of organ
Information on previous organs
Information about comparable instruments to previous organs
.
Present organ
Type of installation
Case description
Placement in room
Builder's name Unknown, England
Opus number
Date of completion/installation 19th Century
Construction materials
Number of manuals One (1)
Key compasses
Number of keys
Key material
Pedal compass
Number of pedals
Pedalboard type
Pedalboard material
Type of chests
Type of key action Mechanical 
Type of stop action Mechanical
Couplers
Tremulants
Accessories   
Console type
Stop label material
Placement
General design
Playing aids
Divisions    Manual (Pedal pulldowns)
Wind pressures
Stop list
MANUAL
8'
8'
8'
4'
2'
.
PEDAL
Pulldowns
.
Total number of stops 5 stops
Total number of ranks 5
Total number of pipes
Dates when key work has been undertaken on current organ The organ was built in the 19th century in England.
Restored in 1890's by W. Beales & Co., Croydon, England. 
Restored in 1995 by Pipe Organ Builders and Services. 
Dates of any moves that have taken place to current organ Installed in 1902 at Congregational Church hall, Claremont.
Installed in 1905 in Congregational Church, Claremont.
Removed after 1976 to Methodist Ladies College, Claremont.
Installed in 1987 at Ss Peter and Mark Anglican Church, Palmyra.
Information on current organ
Comparable instruments to current organ
Current status
Assessment of organ
Other organs by this builder
Photographs
Technical documents 
General documents Information from the Methodist Ladies College web site.
.
Supporting information
.
Document control Original entries J R Elms, OAM, Gazetteer of Western Australian Pipe Organs, 1971, 1999,2003 and 2004.
This entry D B Duncan 17 January 2009.




 

This page last updated 17 January 2009


DGI Web Design
Home